Google poised to take over voice recognition developer?

| Friday, March 5, 2010
Some experts say no, but speculation and rumors are more fun than no news at all, right?

Article Link

NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--Shares of Nuance Communications Inc. (NUAN) climbed Friday on chatter that Google Inc. (GOOG) might be interested in buying the company.

Nuance, which develops speech-recognition software, has been mentioned as a takeover target in the past, and analysts doubted the validity of Friday's speculation.

"There are always rumors Nuance is going to be bought, and they're never true," Wedbush analyst Scott Sutherland said.

Sutherland and other analysts said it's not likely Google would buy the company as Nuance's speech technology is used in virtually all mobile phones, including those using Google's Android operating system, Research In Motion ...


Maybe if they get better speech recognition my phone will recognize my voice :) right now I think my north eastern accent that I swear I don't have but my midwestern wife swears I do is holding me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment